Obtaining Insurance

If your tiny house structure is to be placed on a foundation, you can obtain homeowner's insurance in the usual way. However, if it is 'on wheels', whether removable or not, there are several other pathways to insuring these unique structures. I will provide links below to those insurance sources that have worked for my previous clients. Still, I do recommend shopping around as there is no one-size-fits-all insurance for tiny houses and similar structures. Insurance will vary depending on your intended use, location, and whether you plan to travel with your structure or not. Currently, it seems to go for $45/mo and up depending on your situation. 


Although I would like to, I can not offer long-term financing directly, because of the small size of my business. There are, however, various options for financing a project:

  1. Personal loan from your bank or credit union. This has the advantage of lower interest rates than most other methods. 
  2. Get a loan from friends or family.
  3. Tinyhouselending.com. This is a peer-to-peer lending network that has worked really well for many tiny house buyers. 
  4. Here is a free e-book that may help: Tiny House Loans by Alex Pino

When you are shopping for financing, it might help to keep in mind: Zyl Vardos structures hold their value extremely well, because of our extremely high building standards and maintainable designs. Zyl Vardos currently builds to International Residential Code, National Fire Protection Code, and American Tiny House Association guidelines.